Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sold Out!

The demand was high but the supply was limited.  I posted a simple ad for "Raw Local Honey" on Craigslist and the honey is all gone now.  I gave a bunch away as gifts, so I didn't have much to sell.  But most of it was gone that first weekend.

I was stunned by how many buyers said they purchased the honey to help them control their seasonal allergies.  One purchaser paid full price for 12lbs (1 gallon).  

If the weather cooperates and the bees make it through winter we ought to quadruple our supply next fall.  Also, I intend to post to our local bee group that my extractor is available for custom extraction if they have a need.  Extractors aren't common and they are expensive.  I would like to help others out, but I don't want to go through the effort to set up and tear down for extraction more than once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment