Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Taste Test

March 16, 2013

Well.  Jim and Sharon tasted the honey yesterday morning.  They agreed that it had a little twang to it but couldn't place the source.  They were OK with my honey removal and extraction process, so there isn't any concern about it having too much water.  Too much water content will allow the honey to spoil, otherwise, honey has a shelf life of forever.  The bees cap the honey when the water content is perfect and all of the cells were capped.  Also, I didn't provide them any fall sugar water so we know this honey wasn't created from refined sugar.

Oh well.  I don't think there is much more to be said about this issue.  I ate more last night when I finally made it home and decided that it was just...different.

No comments:

Post a Comment